Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

How to use this and that correctly in a sentence

this that

The issue is that most student find it difficult, to use this words correctly. However, in this article you will understand the rules guiding the use. Hence, there are some certain rules governing the use of “this” and “that”, which you have to know.

The use of This

Firstly, I would love to discuss the word “this” However, “This” is use to describe/references to a single object/something, which is closer to you. Singular objects like book, pen, chair, house and many others.

Examples Based on the use of This

  • this is my book on the table.
  • this is my chair.
  • this is my ball.
  • this is the girl I was talking about.

The use of That

On the other hand, “That” is use to describe/references to a single object/something, that is far away from you. i.e when you want to talk about things that are not closer to you.

Examples Based on the use of That

  • that is the boy I was talking about
  • that’s your uncle
  • that the car you guys were talking about.

Post a Comment

0 Comments